Saturday, February 20, 2010

It Really Ties The Room Together

I love this rug so much.  And it was crazy-cheap on Overstock, which makes me love it more.  It's very cushy and I only had to vacuum it twice before it stopped making me sneeze (I'm allergic to wool).

I realized that I don't have any current photos of the living room up since we de-uglied it, so here's a full tour.

 Don't worry, the brackets are in studs, there is no danger of being clobbered by books when you sit on the couch.  The space between the shelves and couch always looks huge in photos but it doesn't seem so bad in person.  I can't think of what to put there that won't make the wall look too busy.

Here's a better view of the rug.  Also, I just rewired the lamp on the right, which had belonged to my great-grandmother.  The chair on the left also belonged to her.

This is where I waste most of my time... Up top you'll notice a Bolesta original, painted by grandpa and the only non-Bob Ross forest scene I think he ever did.

No comments: