Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dining Room Light

Finally!  Goodbye horrible ceiling fan, hello pretty late-Victorian reproduction light!  Who puts a ceiling fan in a dining room?  The mind reels.


In case you can't tell how ugly it is, here's a closeup:


Unfortunately this one didn't come in very focused.  In case you don't speak hundred year old house, I have translated for you.


Yeah, that's right, gas pipe.  When I bought the fixture, which is a gas light reproduction, I thought it would be period-appropriate to the house, but I didn't anticipate having to actually deal with leftover infrastructure (I should have known better).  After trying and failing with the angle grinder and dremmel, Jason broke out the sawsall.


After that, we were able to install a new ceiling box and then the new light.  So pretty!

No comments: